Chawton is a small village but retains a number of facilities
We have :
- The Jane Austen museum
- Chawton House Library, the library, focuses on women's writing during the 1600's to 1830's
- Cassandra's Cup, the village tea rooms
Located directly opposite the museum the tea rooms are open from mid-morning to late afternoon.
- The Greyfriar public house, located adjacent to Cassandra's Cup
The pub serves a variety of food and beverages throughout the day
- Historical buildings dotted around the village dating back many generations
- A number of local establishments providing Bed and Breakfast (B&B) services
- Some great walks to nearby villages and beyond.
- and a relaxed, friendly way of life.
A number of the organisations listed above have web sites, their details can be found under the links section of this site.